Thursday 13 February 2014

H A U L : lunchtime mini-haul


Shoes: New Look - £22.50

Dresses: Select - £15 each

I'm a firm believer that sometimes a little bit of shopping does the soul wonders. We've all had those days where we've nipped into town in an attempt to brighten our moods and it's been a disaster from start to finish; nothing fits, everything is ridiculously priced & you come home empty handed. However, there are some occasions, few and far between, where you strike gold... and this is what happened today! ... I tried on two dresses, as I wanted something new for valentines day, and low and behold, I fell in love with both! In the next shop a gorgeous pair of boots jumped in my hand and bobs-your-uncle... my mood was transformed.


My favorite purchase without doubt are these boots. These gorgeous military style boots, from New Look, are a lovely matte burgundy color and are so comfy! At 5'9 I don't like wearing big heels every time I need to dress up, so for going for dinner or a couple of drinks these are perfect.  They're not big and baggy around the ankle, which is the most important thing for me when it comes to buying ankle boots. I think when they sit well at your ankle, your feet automatically look smaller, so these were a winner all round -- lovelovelovelove!!

The dresses (pictured above) were really difficult to photograph, but are from a shop I would never normally go in so thought they were worth mentioning! Select have some really lovely stuff in at the moment, especially pretty dresses and skirts that can be worn casually or dressed up. 
The first is a burnt orange colour, thick body-con style dress. At £14.99 I couldn't resist. I plan to wear it with black tights, black heels and a leather jacket. Although it's tight, the thick material means it is really flattering and hides any lumps and bumps (always a bonus).
The second dress I caught my eye as I have a wedding party to go to at the end of march and I thought this would do the trick. The sleeves are just over 3/4 length and it sits just above the knee. Again it was a total steal at £14.

Have you done any soul cleansing shopping lately?
Leave your links!

- jen <3

If you've not heard of SELECT before, click here!

They have 15% off for students & free standard delivery in the UK when you spend £15... happy shopping ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those boots are gorgeous, such a nice colour!
x

ensembledeux said...

Awesome dresses! :)

www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com