Sunday, 10 July 2011

Head Over Heels


After being really impressed with Topshop's lipsticks i decided to try one of their cream blushers. I chose the newest in their collection, head over heels, which is a cute pink blush. It is the lightest pink from the Topshop range, and has a very subtle peach undertone when applied to the skin -


I was initially hesitant, as i wasn't sure how to apply cream blushers, but after playing around with a few different techniques, eventually i found one that works for me -


The box says "dot on cheeks and blend". Using one finger i dotted the blush on the apple of my cheeks & the top of my cheek bone. I then blended it using ELF's studio powder brush, moving it in circular motions up and down my cheek bone, so that the blush distributed evenly.

Cost - £6.00
Packaging - 4/5 (love the mirror, but the white packaging gets dirty looking after being in a makeup bag)
Colour - 4.5/5
Overall Rating - 4.5/5

I would defiantly recommend this product. It's perfect for summer as it can create a dewier finish than powder blushes. I will be trying out a couple other colours soon!

Jen xxx

18 comments:

2 Mates and a Blog said...

Really want to try this it looks gorgeous!!

Dan x

G A B Y said...

Topshop blushes are just soooo pretty, too bad I can't get my hands on some here ):

Kxx said...

I never thought to use a brush with creme blushes before! going to have to give this a try!

www.pinksugarnotes.blogspot.com

xxx

Ellie said...

I'm always so reluctant to try cream blushes, but it sounds easier than I thought. I might have to give this a try!

Have a great day!
-Ellie

Temporary:Secretary said...

I've been impressed with topshop make up too - i think i'm going to check this product out next time i'm in the shops. I blogged about the lip polishes last week but it's not so much a review, just pretty pics! x

Tabitha Sheridan said...

Gorgeous colour! It was sold out in store when i tried to purchase, will have to keep trying!

Ellinor Forje said...

I need to go, no run, and get some new makeup. Lovely shade. Thanks for sharing the photos and feel free to drop by me too, soon.

t said...

Great review!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

kirstyb said...

love that colour and your post below - all my fave lippies xxxx

cheyenne davide. said...

Oh mmyyyy it looks really nice, I've been on the hunt for a new blusher actually so may have to try Topshop ones out :p xxx

Emily said...

I actually really rate Topshop make-up. The colour of this blush really appeals to me, may have to give it a go! xx

JENNIFER JEHANNÉ HUA said...

I've always wanted to try topshop cosmetics their polka dot casings look adorable and that shade is amazingly pretty! I also want to get an elf powder brush, they seem very nice. Ah, I love your blog! It's definitely a favourite of mine! Always so pretty! btw I noticed you like Mumford & Sons they are so good! Have you heard of Angus & Julia Stone? If not I think you will like them too! Their songs are so lovely! & they're aussie :D

sjmwell said...

i keep going to buy this but i've never tried cream blushers, might have to finally get it!

having a giveaway on my blog if you wanted to enter :)

www.sjmwelll.blogspot.com

MJ said...

Oooh I need some blusher. I'm terrible at using it!

evie said...

this looks so cute color:)

Phoebe said...

Wow, this looks identical to a MAC blush I want. Need to swatch in store ASAP!
BTW found your blog through Lollipop26 and love it!

Julia said...

Great idea, I'll be giving it a shot!

Julia @ Retro Jules

Chantelle said...

This colour is so pretty !!