Wednesday 6 June 2012

RIMMEL 'wake me up' foundation...

Before I review this I should probably explain what I look for in a foundation - buildable coverage, long lasting power and creamy / semi-matte formula. Doesn't sound a lot, but I very rarely come across a foundation that ticks all the boxes. However, I have recently discovered Rimmel's 'wake me up' foundation, which doesn't tick all the boxes... but I love!



The formula is very creamy (as appose to water based), with a medium but buildable coverage. It claims to have an 'anti fatigue' effect, which to an extent I can see as it is far dewier than most other foundations I own (you can see shimmery flecks in the bottle). However it's not overly dewy, it just gives a healthy glow. If you prefer a matte look a quick dusting of powder does the trick. It also smells nice, fruity instead of like paint.

I dot a small amount around my face and then buff it in with a Real techniques buffing brush (from the core collection). The two are a match made in heaven! The more you buff, the less dewy you can make it look. It has an SPF 15, which in no way reflects in photo's, which is another major plus.



Colour - 4/5 - I would prefer the lightest shade to be slightly lighter
Price - 5/5 - £8.99 is a bargain considering i usually by EL doublewear
Packaging - 5/5 - I love the glass bottle, instantly makes it feel high-end
Lasting Power - 3.5/5 - lasts about 4-5 hours without touching up

Overall, I really like this foundation and would defiantly recommend it!
Have any of you tried this foundation?
x x x x

24 comments:

Rachael said...

I really wanted to love this, I did love the finish but it broke me out :( xxx

Eloise said...

I love this too! But I completely agree with you, the "light" shade isn't really that light at all!

xx

Josefína said...

hmmm I'll try it, maybe;)=) it sounds really good;)=)

Sarah said...

I have this and totally agree, it's an ideal day to day foundation! If you like this I think you'd like bourjois healthy mix, it's a very similar consistency :)
x

Anonymous said...

I didn't pick it up because of the shade range ! Too dark for me ! xx

butterfleyesblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Definitely going to give this a try!
Mel x

http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Definitely going to give this a try!
Mel x

http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.com

Gabrielle - I LIKE IT FAST said...

nice to see this review! I'll try

GEMBEAR said...

i'm wearing this right now! like you said, i dust some powder over it as i have an oily-t zone but i love the coverage it gives.

Unknown said...

I'd really like to try this but I always find it difficult getting a shade pale enough! :( x

Faux Fur Sake said...

Oooh great review, I've been really interested in trying out this foundation and you've really helped! I will go check it out.

Lovely blog too dear :)

Unknown said...

Great review, I'm definitely going to try it x

Madeleine said...

This is a great review. And yes compared to EL Double Wear it is a great price!

http://staybeautifulfashionbeauty.blogspot.com

xx

Madeleine said...

This is a great review, I love Rimmel. You're right compared to the price of EL DoubleWear (which I adore) it is quite the bargain!


http://staybeautifulfashionbeauty.blogspot.com

xx

Rachael said...

I really want to try this. I got a sample in a magazine but I swear it was a bright orange colour so I had no idea what it was really like, but I've seen so many good things about it so I'm really tempted. Thanks for the review x

Anonymous said...

It is a really shame it doesn't come any lighter. After all it is much easier to add some bronzer to make something darker than to try and make a product lighter.

Unknown said...

I'm wearing this right now and did a review on it :) I really like it, I have fair skin but think it goes ok with my skin colour!

Tanesha x
www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

I do like Rimmel

Your blogs lovely, your really pretty :)

Hope you can check mine?

http://lipglossandcandyfloss.blogspot.co.uk/

Gem x

Abbie said...

oooh i've always wanted to try this since it came out, but I'm still 50/50 eeek! :(

www.ohabbiee.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I'm a fan of Wake Me Up too, but I think it made me break out a bit after a weeks wear, so I'm being careful with it!

e x

Helen said...

Great blog, now following!

Please check out my blog if you can :)

xoxox

Unknown said...

This is by far the best foundation that I've ever used, so I find your review so accurate! I've been using this foundation since around March and usually by now I'd have moved on to a different foundation, but I'm going to stay loyal to Rimmel Wake Me Up :)

Keep up the great posts, I love them and your blog.

Chloe x

thebloggerchloe.blogspot.com

Monyka said...

This foundation sounds so good, so tempted to buy myself some :) really good review and lovely blog!
Monyka
xx

Lan said...

wow. the foundation is very good! *_* find your blog very interesting <3

xx
beauthi.blogspot.com